Abstract Submission Guidelines
The submission site will be reopen from November 12, 2021.
The new important dates is as follows:
- ▼Poster/Oral Abstract Submission
- November 12, 2021 - March 18, 2022
- ▼Poster/Oral Abstract Acceptance Notice
- June 10, 2022
- ▼Presenter Registration Deadline
- July 15, 2022
Submission Deadline: March 18, 2022
ABSTRACTS SENT BY FAX, EMAIL OR POST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Both, Organizing and Scientific Committees of the Congress, cordially invite participants involved in Nutrition Research to submit abstracts either for oral presentation or for poster presentation.
Please bear in mind that your abstract, if accepted by the committee, will be published provided a presenting author is registered by July 15, 2022. Therefore, it is essential to pay attention to correct spelling and punctuation, and to make sure all details are entered respecting the guidelines regarding format and style.
- Titles: In sentence case (not in capital or lower case only)
- Authors: full names, in sentence case (not in capital or lower case only)
- Affiliation: Institution only (Do not abbreviate), in sentence case (not in capital or lower-case only)
A. GENERAL CRITERIA
- 1.Abstracts will only be accepted in English.
- 2.A presenting author must be registered in the Congress by JULY 15, 2022. Otherwise, the abstracts may be withdrawn.
- 3. The number of authors is limited to 10 per abstract, including the main author or presenter.
- 4. A person could be presenting author for a maximum of one abstract.
- 5. No abstract alteration can be made after the MARCH 18, 2022 at 11.59 pm, Japan timeline.
- 6. An e-mail address is compulsory in order to receive information about the submitted abstract.
- 7. Authors are not permitted to submit an abstract on work that has previously been published. If additional data or research is added to a previously published work the abstract could be accepted.
- 8. Authors must complete the disclosure section in the Abstract Submission Form.
- 9. In submitting the abstract, the author also grants the 22nd IUNS-International Congress of Nutrition the right to publish abstracts in electronic forms.
- 10. The author/s shall indicate the presentation format (oral or poster) of the submitted abstract. However, the Scientific Committee will decide over the final format.
- 11. Abstract acceptance or rejection will be notified by e-mail as from JUNE 10, 2022. Presentation criteria and other details will also be sent in that notification.
- 12. The abstract will be submitted under the complete acceptance of all these criteria. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any abstract, if it is not adapted to any of these criteria.
B. ABSTRACT CONTENTS
The submitted abstract shall contain the following information:
- - AUTHORS: Full names and surnames of all authors, as well as other data requested during the submission process. Affiliation (Institution only) must be included correctly.
- - TITLE: concise, 30 words maximum in sentence case (not in capital or lower-case letters only). Please use only recognizable abbreviations.
- - CONTENTS:
The following aspects must be included:
- Background and objectives
- Keywords: 5 keywords maximum
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure (if any)
- Further Collaborators (if any, including further co-authors if they exceed the permitted number)
- 2. Text length in the abstract body shall not exceed 350 words.
- 3. Standardized abbreviations shall be used in the body of the abstract. When specific or unusual abbreviations are used, they shall appear in brackets after each complete term the first time they are used.
- 4. Review carefully the work before submission.
C. THEMATIC AREAS (TRACKS)
- 1. Abstracts will be gathered in thematic areas for assessment and scheduling.
- 2. Authors must state the THEMATIC AREA (TRACK) in which they wish to present their abstract at the time of submission.
- 3. The Scientific Committee will always try to respect the author's choice of thematic area. However, this is subject to changes in order to achieve a balanced scientific program.
The thematic areas are:
- Track 1: Advances in Nutrition Research
- Track 2: Nutrients and Nutritional Assessment
- Track 3: Nutrition Through Life Course
- Track 4: Nutrition and Management of Diseases
- Track 5: Food Culture Practices and Nutrition Education
- Track 6: Public Health Nutrition and Environment
- Track 7: Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
- Track 8: Agriculture, Food Science and Safety
- Track 9: Others
D. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
All abstracts shall be submitted through the online form within the Program page on the following website, according to the above-mentioned criteria: https://icn22.org/
If you encounter any difficulties during the submission process or for further information regarding abstract submission via website, please contact the Program Office by e-mail.
IMPORTANT: Once you have sent your abstract via website, check that you have received a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive any confirmation, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
E. PRESENTATION FORMAT
- 1. Time for presentation: 8 minutes, plus 2 minutes for comments and discussion.
- 2. Presentation: Windows PowerPoint Projection. The use of the Congress Official templates for Oral presentations is mandatory. It can be downloaded from the Program page on the Congress Website later.
- 3. Material: CD ROM or USB Memory. It must be submitted to the designated area (which shall be detailed in the Congress Program) at least 4 hours before the presentation. The use of personal laptops for the presentation is not permitted.
- 1. Presentation: Posters should be displayed on the boards using pushpins that will be available at the Poster Exhibition Area. No other adhesive method is permitted on the boards. The use of the official poster template will be mandatory (templates will soon be made available on the website).
Poster panel size: Width 90cm x Height 210cm
Recommended usable area: Width 80cm x Height 160cm
- 3. Presenters are responsible for setting up and removal of posters. The Committee will not be responsible for loss of posters after the removal time.
- 4. Once the abstract is accepted by the Committee, the guidelines to create the poster will be published in the Program page on the Congress Website; https://icn22.org/
For any inquiries about abstract submission, please contact
- 22nd IUNS-ICN Program Office
- c/o JTB Communication Design, Inc.
Celestine Shiba Mitsui Bldg., 3-23-1 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8335, Japan